Configuring Lifesize Icon
Installing H.323 endpointsLast updated March 13, 2017
Before you can register your Lifesize Icon endpoint to the StarLeaf Cloud, you must first add it to the StarLeaf Portal. Refer to How to add an H.323 endpoint to the StarLeaf Portal.
To configure the H.323 settings of the Lifesize endpoint, you must access its web interface and make some changes. To do so:
- Find the IP address of the Lifesize endpoint. It is listed in the My info section available from the home screen of the Lifesize.
- Navigate to the web interface of the Lifesize endpoint(by entering the IP address into a web browser).
- Log in to the web interface. You need the admin username and password to continue.
- To edit the H.323 settings go to Preferences > H.323.
- Use the following settings:
- Use H.323: enabled
- Name: enter the H.323 ID / name from the Portal
- Extension: enter the H.323 ID / name from the Portal
- Gatekeeper Mode: set to Manual H.460
- Gatekeeper Address: enter the call.sl subdomain. For example: example.call.sl
- Gatekeeper Port: 1719
- Gatekeeper Authentication: enabled
- Gatekeeper Username and Gatekeeper Password: enter the authentication username and password from the Portal
- To test the configuration, call the H.323 name of the endpoint from any StarLeaf device. If the call does not work, reboot the endpoint and retry.
Configuring the endpoint to display the directory
This is an example LDAP endpoint configuration. To configure the directory on the Lifesize Icon, go to.