How to install GTm 5250
Installing GTm 5250Last updated May 30, 2017
Before installing the StarLeaf GTm 5250, read the safety information.
Before installing the GTm 5250, ensure you have the following:
- One or two telepresence screens that support a 1080p60 input format
- Supported video camera
- StarLeaf touchscreen controller
If you are not using a separate audio system, ensure that you use televisions that have an audio-output capability. In this case, you also need to use the supplied audio injector. For more information, refer to Using the audio injector with the GTm 5250.
Unpack the GTm 5250. The package contents are:
- Codec (with feet attached)
- Audio injector
- Installation sheet
- Rack mounting ears kit
- Power cable
- DVI-I to DVI-I cable
- HDMI to HDMI cables (two) (connects codec to screens)
- 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack (connects codec to PC video and audio)
- Network cables
- Adaptors for the codec-to-PC cable
- DVI-I to HDMI
- DVI-I to VGA
- DVI-I to DVI-D
- Ensure you have chosen an appropriate installation site:
- The codec must be accessible with all cables easily connected
- You must provide ventilation for the codec; leave a space of at least 10cm (4 inches) behind, in front, and to the left and right of the codec
- Use a grounded AC power outlet for the codec
- Rack mount the unit or place on firm horizontal surface. The codec is 1.5 U high (with removable feet detached) and fits in most standard 19-inch racks.
Connecting network cables to the codec
Using an Ethernet cable, connect the StarLeaf Controller Only connector on the codec to the PoE network port on the rear of the touchscreen controller. The network port on the touchscreen controller
is marked with this symbol:
Using an Ethernet cable, connect the Network port on the rear of the codec to an Ethernet switch in your network.
The Ethernet port is a 10/100/1000 Mbit/s auto-sensing port and is set to ‘auto’ by default.
The touchscreen controller must connect directly to the codec; do not connect the touchscreen controller via a switch to the codec.
In all cases, the speed and duplex settings at either end of the connection must be identical. Using non-matching settings causes severe packet loss.
To configure the network speed and duplex settings of the codec’s Network port: on the touchscreen controller that you have connected to the codec, go to .
By default, the GTm 5250 uses DHCP to acquire an IP address. If necessary, you can configure the GTm 5250 with a static IP address, to do so:
On the touchscreen controller that you have connected to the codec, go to , switch off DHCP and edit the IP address, netmask, gateway, and nameserver fields.
Connecting the camera and microphone
- Connect the PTZ camera: connect the camera to Camera In with the camera control cable and the camera video input cable and then connect power to the camera.
- Connect the microphone to Microphone In. Note that if required, you can connect third-party microphones to either the XLR connectors or the Line-In connector. In this case, you need to configure the audio inputs from the web user interface (see Configuring GTm 5250).
Mounting the camera
StarLeaf recommends that when you mount the camera, you place it at the top of the screen, as opposed to the base. This makes it easier for you to see the participants on the screen while still appearing to make eye contact.
If you have a dual-screen system, ensure that the camera is mounted on the screen that will display the view of the main video (telepresence screen 1).
Connecting screens and loudspeakers
On the GTm 5250, the audio emits from the audio-out connector on the rear of the codec. Either:
- Connect the Line out connector on the rear of the codec to amplifier and loudspeakers. Connect one telepresence screen to Video Out HDMI 1. If you have a second telepresence screen, connect it to Video Out HDMI 2.
- To send the audio over HDMI to the loudspeakers of the screen, use the supplied audio injector as shown in Using the audio injector with the GTm 5250 to connect screen 1 to the codec. If you have a second telepresence screen, connect it to Video Out HDMI 2.
Using the supplied power cable, connect the IEC mains power connector on the rear of the codec to the mains power.
On your Lync/Skype for Business server, create a new user account for the GTm 5250. Make a note of the authentication details. (You can use an existing account if you prefer.)