Using an audio injector
Installing GTm 5140Last updated September 17, 2018
If you are running GTm version 1.2, you must use the supplied audio injector to connect the screens to the codec. In this version, audio only emits from the USB connector. In GTm version 1.2 and later, you can connect directly from the Mini DisplayPort to the display using the supplied cables, without the need for an audio injector. Audio emits from the Mini DisplayPort connectors on the rear of the codec.
If you have a GTm 5140 already installed with an audio injector and you want to re-install it without the audio injector, contact StarLeaf Technical Support.
For information about installing the GTm 5140 without the audio injector, refer to How to install GTm 5140.
- Connect the Mini DisplayPort cable on the audio injector to Screen 1.
- Connect the USB cable on the audio injector to one of the available USB ports not currently used by the camera or microphone (as shown in the diagram below).
- Connect an HDMI cable into the HDMI port on the audio injector, with the other end connected to the telepresence screen from which you want the audio to be heard (screen one).
To set up a second display:
- Connect the Mini DisplayPort cable on the Mini Display Port to HDMI adaptor to Screen 2.
- Connect the HDMI cable on the Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adaptor to the telepresence screen (screen two).