Installing the Conference Phone 2220
Installing Conference Phone 2220Last updated June 5, 2020
Before installing the Conference Phone, read the safety information.
The Conference Phone 2220 can be used with any StarLeaf touchscreen controller.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect the StarLeaf Controller Only connector on the Conference Phone to the POE connector on the touchscreen controller. The recommended distance between Touch and Conference Phone is at least 50cm (20”).
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect the POE connector on the Conference Phone to the DATA PWR OUT connector on the power injector.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect the DATA IN connector on the power injector to the StarLeaf Controller Only connector on the StarLeaf room system.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect the Network connector on the StarLeaf room system to your network. Do not use a crossover cable. The Ethernet port is a 10/100/1000 Mbit/s auto-sensing port and is set to ‘auto’ by default.
In all cases, the speed and duplex settings at either end of the connection must be identical. Using non-matching settings causes severe packet loss.
To configure the network speed and duplex settings of the codec’s Network port: on the touchscreen controller, go to.
- Optionally, connect up to two StarLeaf Telepresence Microphones. This might be necessary in large conference rooms. The recommended minimum distance between a Microphone and a Conference Phone is 1.2m (4″). For more information, refer to Microphone selection, placement, and setup.
- Connect power to the power injector.
- Refer to Configuring the Conference Phone 2220.