Installing the VHD-V61 camera
Installing CamerasLast updated July 19, 2017
Before you install the camera, read the following safety information:
- Do not subject the camera to rain or moisture
- To prevent electric shock, do not remove screws or covers of the camera. There are no self-serviceable parts. Refer to qualified service personnel for servicing
- Do not operate under unspecified temperature, humidity or power supply
- Use the soft dry cloth to clean the camera. If the camera is very dirty, clean it with diluted neutral detergent; do not use any type of solvent, which may damage the surface
- The installation must be performed by qualified service personnel or system installers in accordance with all local rules
- Do not move the camera head manually. Doing so results in the camera malfunctioning
- Before powering the camera, check the power voltage carefully. Ensure you are using the correct power source
- Ensure that the camera is far away from areas where there might be radiation, x-rays, or strong electric waves, or where magnetism is generated
The rear view of the camera, shown below, indicates where to connect the cables:
To install the camera:
- Connect the supplied HDMI-HDMI cable to the HDMI connector on the camera. Connect the other end to the Camera-In connector on the StarLeaf room system.
- Connect the supplied VISCA camera control cable to the RS-232 IN connector on the camera. Connect the other end to the room system Camera Control connector.
- Connect power to the DC 12V power input connector.
The selector switches on the rear of the camera have no effect on the operation of the camera.
You can mount the camera upside down, but you will need to flip the image. To do this, you need to access the web user interface of the camera.
- Ensure you have connected the camera to the screen using the HDMI cable.
- Look at the label on the base of the camera. It will be similar to this:
- Connect an Ethernet cable between your computer and the LAN port on the camera.
- Configure your computer’s network adaptor settings such that it is in the same network as that used by the camera (as shown on the label). For example, 192.168.100.80.
- In a browser, go to the IP address of the camera and log in using the details on the label. You will see the web interface of the camera.
- In the lower left of the screen, choose OSD. This activates the on-screen display. You will see the menu on the screen (rather than on your computer):
- Using the arrow controls on the web interface to control the OSD menu, choose Image and for Flip-H and Flip-V choose On.
- Press Back until you have reached the top-level menu and then Exit OSD
The following images details the dimensions of the VHD camera in millimeters: