Installing the Sony SRG-120DH camera
Installing CamerasLast updated September 28, 2020
Select a topic below for more information:
- About the Sony SRG-120DH
- Installing the Sony SRG-120DH camera
- Maximum field of view at 2m
- Sony SRG-120DH has a flashing standby light
|Use case||Small to very large meeting rooms|
|Low light capability||Excellent|
|Camera max resolution||1080p60|
|Horizontal field of view||71°|
|Camera control connection||VISCA – Mini-DIN|
(W x H x D)
|153 × 156 × 153 mm|
Dimensions of required mounting shelf
|160 x 200 mm|
Before you install the camera, read the safety information in the documentation that accompanies the camera.
The camera is supplied without a remote control as you control the camera with the StarLeaf Group Telepresence system.
Ensure that you connect the video and camera control cables before connecting power to the camera.
The rear view of the camera, shown below, indicates where to connect the cables:
To install the camera:
- Connect the supplied cable to the HDMI (video out) port on the camera. Connect the other end to the Camera In connector on the codec.
- Connect the supplied camera control cable to the VISCA IN (RS-232) port on the camera. Connect the other end to the Camera Control port on the codec.
- Ensure the camera has the correct settings:
Ensure that the System Select controller is correctly set. It must be set to 7. Do not alter this setting.
On the base of the camera, there is a set of tiny switches. Do not alter these from their default settings (all OFF).
- Connect power to the DC 12V power input connector.
The following images detail the dimensions of the Sony SRG-120DH camera:
The following image shows the position of the mounting holes on the underside of the camera:
If the Sony SRG-120DH camera appears not to be working and the standby light is flashing, it could be suffering from a ‘position detection error’.
This state can be caused by any of the following:
- Interrupting camera movement during camera start up
- Interrupting camera movement when you have sent it a movement command
- Moving the camera from the sleep position
To resolve this issue, restart the camera.